It is one of the youngest museums in Belarus.
The museum was opened in 1950 and it includes museums Saved Art Treasures, representing works of art and the antiques, the archaeological Museum “Berestye”, Art Museum and Kamianets Tower - a unique monument of the military architecture of XIII century.
The exposition of local lore is represented with about 160 thousand museum items, divided into 20 collections, including archaeological, ethnographic, numismatic arts and crafts, paintings, graphics, etc. The pride of the museum is a section of nature with a large amount of information, telling about the natural resources of Brest region about environmental protection.
It is a branch of the Brest Museum of Local Lore.
A unique museum in Belarus was opened in 1982 and is a pavilion, in the center of which there is an excavation with an area of 1118 m2 of the ancient settlements of Brest. At a depth of 4 meters, there is a part of the handicraft quarter – 28 wooden residential and utility buildings of the XIII century, street pavements, a palisade, the remains of adobe over. The uncovered part of the Detinets is a craft quarter. Where rare and interesting finds made of ferorous metal were found, including razors, they are the only ones on the territory of Belarus.
Here in museum you can see utensils (pots, jugs, bowls, pans, ladles) a variety tools: an axe, an adze, a chisel, a scraper, a drill, a knife, a cutter, etc.
The Winter Garden is an educational and methodological building of the Pushkin State University. The territory of the garden is divided into three climatic zones: tropics, subtropics and deserts.
A special climate and soil are for each zone, which made it possible to grow the appropriate plants. In the tropics, you can admire ferns and orchids, in the subtropics, lemon and pomegranate trees are demonstrated, there is a good collection of george, gasteria, agave, milkweed and various cacti in the desserts.
The Museum of Saved Artistic values is a part of the Museum of Local Lore and has been open to the public since 1989. This is the only museum in the country, presenting works of art and antiques confiscated by customs officers in an attempt to smuggle them abroad.
The exposition of the museum's is located in 10 rooms in the building of an architectural monument, built in 1925-1927. Here you can see a collection of Russian icons of the XVI — early XX century, Rostov enamel, jewelry of the world-famous Faberge company. The hall of Oriental Art displays traditional Japanese batik, Chinese vases, Japanese faience and Buddhist sculptures from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The pearl of the graphics hall is M. Vrubel sketch for his painting "The Demon porn" is a significant part of the museum items, first of all paintings, requires restoration.
Brest, Lenin street, 39
It is dedicated to railways and railway equipment was opened in Brest in 2002. The idea of open this museum belongs to labor veteran, the first director of the Brest museum to Arkady Privetenyu.
The museum is a collection of 68 samples of full-scale railway equipment in the open air on three exposition tracks 1.2 km long. A special feature of the museum is that all exhibits, including military steamer trains as well as carriages are in a working order which allows them to be used on excursion trips and filmings.
Brest, Masherov Avenue, 2
The doors of this Museum were opened in 1998 in a building which was built in 1922, hower the idea of creating the museum existed before the Great Patriotic War. They thought about the placement of the museum in the building of Kholm sky Gate of the Brest Fortress. At that time, the teacher of geography V. Mondalsky and the officer of a garrison T. Zhuk-Rybitsky began to collect material for the museum, and the local historian M. Alexeyuk wrote a monograph " History of Brest".
Today, there are over 800 exhibits that tell about the history of the city, from its foundation in 1019 to 1939.
The Museum was opened in 1956 in the defense barracks of the fortress, an architectural monument of the late 19th century.
The main purpose of building it was a room-museum, which was opened on the first floor of the barracks of the sapper battalion, where the room of Military glory was opened here. Then they were given exhibits for predisposition.
Today, positional area 1000 m2, of exhibition halls. The portraits of the defenders of the fortress are placed on the first floor, the pictures are painted by the artist P. Durchin.
Brest, Brest Fortress
The Art Museum is a branch of the Museum of Local Lore and has been conducting educational activities since 2002 in the building of the southern barracks of the Brest Fortress.
The exposition of the Museum is represented by a collection of fine and decorative-applied art based on the exhibits of the Brest Regional Museum of Local Lore. 10 exhibitional halls show the works of artists of the XX - early XXI century, three halls are dedicated to painting and sculpture, there are works dedicated to graphic art.
Folk art is also widely covered: here you can see works of weaving and embroidery, pottery, straw and basket weaving, painting on wood and glass, artistic processing of wood, works of amateur artists.
The area of Peace
The museum was opened on June 22, 2014 in the southern barracks of Brest Fortress (not far from the monument "Thirst")
The exhibits from eight halls. A distinctive feature of the exhibition is the use of modern technologies.
In addition, there are more than two thousand items, here you can look through an electronic memory book, get the information screen, walk through three-arched gate under the starry sky...
The fifth fort was built in 1878-1888, modernized in 1908-1911. It is located in a 4 km south-western direction from Brest Fortress in “Gershony” district of Brest.
It occupies the area 0.79 km2. The number of defensive objects of the Brest-Litovsk Fortress are on the territory of the 5th fort. The fort has a pentagonal shape. It was built from brick, surrounded by an earthen rampart with a moat filled with water. In this rear part, a barrack for the garrison of eleven casemates was built, heaped with earth from the side of ground front.
In the front part there was a front caponier fortification, which was capable of fighting in two of firing in two opposite directions for six guns, connected with barracks with a central porch (an underground corridor connecting various structures of the fort between itself.
Brest(Gershony village), Starodozhnaya street 99